We Handle Divorce Concerns Of All Kinds Effectively
At Davis & Davis, P.C., in Middlesex County, we take pride in combining integrity and ethics with a tenacious commitment to our clients’ best interests. Founding attorney Patricia Davis has extensive experience in Massachusetts divorce law, giving her an exceptional ability to understand the emotional context and effectively address it while avoiding catalysts which may make the situation even more volatile.
Our law firm assists clients with the following:
- Separation — We advise clients on how to effectively form two households while the divorce is pending.
- Spousal support — We are very knowledgeable about the new alimony guidelines and their implications.
- Child support — We are particularly experienced in creating support agreements that work for clients in higher income brackets.
- Child custody and visitation — We provide clear counsel and assistance with parenting plans.
- Property division — We handle the equitable division of assets and debts, including retirement accounts and stock options.
We Preserve Your Assets Through Alternative Dispute Resolution
While Ms. Davis is an accomplished trial attorney, she believes that taking a divorce to court should typically be the last resort. Unnecessary litigation is not only unwise, it is also a waste of clients’ assets. Instead, at the onset of every case, she works hard to gather all relevant background information, identify the client’s particular goals and reach out to the opposing counsel to learn where the contested issues lie.
By obtaining a comprehensive view of the situation, she is then able to offer a well-considered recommendation on whether to litigate or to resolve the disagreements through alternative dispute resolution methods such as mediation, conciliation and arbitration.
We Combat Delay Tactics With Intelligent Strategy. Contact Us To Learn More.
Embracing the “scorch-and-burn” approach that many lawyers take is frequently counterproductive. Often, it simply embroils the divorcing parties in needlessly expensive and time-consuming disputes.
As someone very familiar with discovery, interrogatories and demands for financial disclosure, Ms. Davis knows that the other party will frequently delay or fail to produce the requested information. Her experience in large Boston firms has taught her how to circumvent such obstructions instead of being stymied by them. For instance, she may simply subpoena the records from the banking institution instead of succumbing to the other party’s delay tactics.
To arrange a consultation, call our North Reading office at 978-276-9051 or contact us online.